cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Accessing smarty voicemail in Spain

AlanCut_1341093
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

We come to this Spain location regularly and up until this point Smarty worked flawlessly. Today I've got notification of voicemails but though I can access the vm system it asks for phone and pin but completely ignores keypad input. I'm on Android, checked my wife's vm access to Smarty from her iphone and exactly the same problem. So we cannot pick up potentially urgent voicemails. Anyone else seen this?  Doesn't look like Smarty support has. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlanCut_1341093
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thanks for this, it cant have been an android related problem as my wife's iPhone exhibited exactly the same issue on her Smarty number at the same time.  The problem fixed itself the day after as the system started to respond to keyboard input. The only other weird thing was that once acessed it I got this message for the first time ever "You are accessing the Voice Mail service from an Untrusted Network"

I guess the only conclusion if anyone else experiences this is that it's a system glitch and to hope it fixes itself in a few hours or days. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

If voicemail access worked on previous trips to SPAIN, perhaps an Android update has broken something, or maybe Three (SMARTY's parent) has upgraded the voicemail service.

I've seen posts in another online community, for a Three MVNO business, about problems accessing voicemail. One user reported their problem was solved after they were moved to the new voicemail system - wasn't clear exactly what meant though.

AlanCut_1341093
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thanks for this, it cant have been an android related problem as my wife's iPhone exhibited exactly the same issue on her Smarty number at the same time.  The problem fixed itself the day after as the system started to respond to keyboard input. The only other weird thing was that once acessed it I got this message for the first time ever "You are accessing the Voice Mail service from an Untrusted Network"

I guess the only conclusion if anyone else experiences this is that it's a system glitch and to hope it fixes itself in a few hours or days.