Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5G dropped in North West UK

TMLeona_1899974
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Yes, we DO have mobiles in North West UK ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

We had a brilliant 5G signal last week. So much so I bought a 5G router. Now... the 5G connection has disappeared. Its been gone since Thursday (5 days). What is going on? Is that it? Is it coming back? Is anybody there, please...? =/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Have you brought this to the attention of Support Team via email or web chat?

Also worth looking at https://smarty.co.uk/network-status-checker

(Although it doesn't seem to be working just at this minute today)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Have you brought this to the attention of Support Team via email or web chat?

Also worth looking at https://smarty.co.uk/network-status-checker

(Although it doesn't seem to be working just at this minute today)

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

@TMLeona_1899974 wrote:

So much so I bought a 5G router.

A word of warning @TMLeona_1899974, SMARTY's unlimited plan should not be used as a permanent long-term alternative to home broadband.

Responsible use โ€“ Unlimited Data Only Plans

5.15 Our Unlimited Data Only SIM plans are for personal, non-commercial use only and can be used in SIM enabled tablets or laptops and portable mobile WI-FI devices and is uncapped for this use. This SIM card should not be used as a permanent long-term alternative to home broadband. If we determine in our sole opinion that your use of the SMARTY Services is in breach of these Terms and/or exceeds that reasonably expected of someone using the Service for legitimate personal, non- commercial use, then we may at our discretion terminate (in accordance with Section 9), or Suspend (in accordance with Section 8), or restrict your SMARTY Service. As an example, without limitation, we consider that if you regularly tether more than 8 devices that this is unlikely to be legitimate personal, non-commercial use.

Responsible use โ€“ Unlimited Voice Plans

5.16 Our Unlimited Voice Plans are for personal, non-commercial use only and can be used in SIM enabled mobile devices, tablets laptops and portable mobile WI-FI devices and the data is uncapped for this use. This SIM card should not be used as a permanent long-term alternative to home broadband. If we determine in our sole opinion that your use of the SMARTY Services is in breach of these Terms and/or exceeds that reasonably expected of someone using the Service for legitimate personal, non-commercial use, then we may at our discretion terminate (in accordance with Section 9), or Suspend (in accordance with Section 8), or restrict your SMARTY Service. As an example, without limitation, we consider that if you regularly tether more than 8 devices that this is unlikely to be legitimate personal, non-commercial use.

I appreciate the heads-up and the detailed information you provided. I understand that fair use of the Unlimited route is important - not least to maintain the high level of service: precisely the topic of this question and thread. The 5G router is not a 'permanent long-term alternative to home broadband' it is for occasional weekends in my camper. I will plug in the mobile so I can keep in contact with family and email when I am out and about. Now if someone can come up with a mobile app that directs drivers (especially drivers of campers ๐Ÿ˜ƒ to campsites and park-ups in 5G happy locations, I will download it for sure. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks again @WelshPaul ๐Ÿ‘

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I'd recommend Three UK's network status checker for anyone using the Three mobile network in the UK.

Access the checker from https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support.  

Ahhhh, I checked that link and... yes now I see, thank you @Chalkychap  ๐Ÿ‘

"Weโ€™re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual."