Did you mean: 

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0157_Summer_Giveaway_Featured_Post_600x420px_Opt1@1x.png

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

From a posh picnic to a grand getaway!

Would jetting off with a friend to Europe for a fabulous 4* city break complete your summer?

Well, it’s one of the BIG prizes up for grabs in our huge summer giveaway – win 3 nights in a 4* hotel for two with return flights, private airport transfers, travel insurance and £200 spending money. And when it comes to choosing the destination, you’re the boss. Take your pick of return flights from selected UK airports to either Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Lisbon, Paris, Prague, Rome or Stockholm. The prize is worth over £2,500!

That’s not all, there’s loads of these great prizes up for grabs too:

• Fortnum & Mason picnic hampers x 5
  • Luxury three-piece luggage sets from Rock x 5
  • GoPro HERO 12 cameras x 5
  • Beats SOLO 4 wireless headphones x 5
  • Tile Pro 4 pack (to keep track of your luggage) x 5
  • Tile Pro 2 pack x 10

HOW CAN I WIN BIG?

It’s so easy. Just answer this question to be entered into the prize draw for your chance to bag our grand getaway or one of our other super prizes:

• What is your best hack for summer getaway?

The Prize Draw opens 22/07/24 at 10:00 and closes on 01/09/24 at 11:59 (“Promotion Period”). 

To enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and have an active plan as at the end date of the Promotion Period.  Entrants must have registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period and be over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”).

Only one entry per entrant. Winners will be selected at random.

For full terms click here

Team SMARTY

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries. Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had almost three thousand posts !

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

2,835 REPLIES 2,835

RoisinJ_2676560
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pack roll-on suncream (like roll-on deodorant). It's light, under 100ml, and some of them protect your skin for hours.

davost_552592
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Carry around with you a portable power bank.

HannahGr_853399
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Have digital copies of important documents and pack a power bank charger 

Saunder_1456355
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Use an International Credit card like Revolute or Starling or Halifax Clarity for example, for spending abroad and always pay in the local currency to get near perfect foreign exchange rates....

Gratified2160
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Google Maps is your best friend - brilliant for public transport in big cities like London and Paris, along with reviews and recommendations for cafes and restaurants.  And hack I found, whilst on holiday in France this month was to use Google Lens to help instantly translate signs into English.  A brilliant little tool to have in your pocket!

SusanMc_1919407
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Have everything prepared and in place early (currency, insurance, data roaming) so you can sit back and enjoy the count down to boarding that plane without last minute stresses with a cocktail in hand

Saunder_1456355
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Use an International Credit card like Revolute or Starling or Halifax Clarity for example, for spending abroad and always pay in the local currency to get near perfect foreign exchange rates....

ElenaPi_1378701
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Make a digital copy of your travel documents in case of loss or theft

AaronGoh_986478
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hey @YulianK 

There's different travel hacks for me but it really depends on what I wanna do:

• For a Summer Romance:
    • I'd do a dating app matches like a month in advance, video call and arrange for meets and then, work-out a good holiday romance from there.
  • For a Solo Discovery:
    • I'd figure out where is the best place I want as a base for my holidays, hotel & area where I can unwind and relax. I have a fun game called Google Roulette, where I randomly select a place from Google Suggestions - with prompts like 'interesting breakfast places near me'. After visiting the first place, I open up Google again and do another prompt like 'what's the best place near me for sightseeing?'. I keep doing this until I'm finished for the day. The hotel/base pick keeps me grounded and a safe space to unwind while Google lets me find new experiences spontaneously.

Also, ensure your global roaming is setup before travelling makes travelling easier.

Stanley_2280088
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Buy cheap tracking devices and secretly hide them in suitcases/bag,that way if they are lost at airports or stolen they can easily be tracked via a mobile/laptop/tablet etc.

Claudia_1693748
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Loads of sunscreen protection 

Claudia_1693748
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Remember to bring your passport with you and save a digital copy of it! 😊

LauraAn_2630977
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Don't be afraid! It may be a foreign country to you, but they are people just like we are. Once I got my head around this I was able to wonder freely and go into little cafés and bars. I found the right people come to you when you are confident in yourself. I've only recently achieved my first trip to the EU as a solo traveller. I used public transport all the way and don't speak a word of any other language. It was a liberating experience!

Beverle_1725270
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

When using a debit or credit card always select local currency whether buying or withdrawing from an ATM.  Always use bank ATMs as charges are lower or zero

GavinPa_2182450
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

EU roaming from Smarty

GavinPa_2182450
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

EU roaming with Smarty

LouiseM_2332408
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

We have a backpack cool bag with a 2 person cup flask in the caravan ready for any impromptu days out - rucksack/carriers for the 2 doggies ready and waiting too 😀 

Wightgal
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Only travel with hand luggage.

LynnJone_470934
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best travel hack for me one amongst many is travel off peak, it’s a game changer. 

Carolyn_1760795
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pack an ultralight foldable rucksack - great for trips to the market, picnics and bringing home wet swimming gear 

cAtn0nymous
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • Choose off-peak destinations: Opt for destinations that are not in their peak tourist season. For example, visiting Caribbean destinations during the summer can be cheaper than during the winter high season.
  • Consider lesser-known locations: Popular tourist spots are usually crowded and expensive. Look for hidden gems that offer similar experiences without the crowds.
  • Eat like a local: Avoid tourist traps by dining where the locals eat. Street food and local markets often offer authentic and affordable meals.
  • Get travel insurance: Protect your investment with travel insurance that covers cancellations, medical emergencies, and lost luggage. This can save you a lot of money and hassle if something goes wrong.
  • Download useful apps: Apps like Google Maps, TripAdvisor, and local transportation apps can help you navigate and plan on the go.
  • Unlock an EU Roaming Pass with SMARTY

cAtn0nymous
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

• Choose off-peak destinations: Opt for destinations that are not in their peak tourist season. For example, visiting Caribbean destinations during the summer can be cheaper than during the winter high season.
  • Consider lesser-known locations: Popular tourist spots are usually crowded and expensive. Look for hidden gems that offer similar experiences without the crowds.
  • Eat like a local: Avoid tourist traps by dining where the locals eat. Street food and local markets often offer authentic and affordable meals.
  • Get travel insurance: Protect your investment with travel insurance that covers cancellations, medical emergencies, and lost luggage. This can save you a lot of money and hassle if something goes wrong.
  • Download useful apps: Apps like Google Maps, TripAdvisor, and local transportation apps can help you navigate and plan on the go.
  • Unlock an EU Roaming Pass with SMARTY

pssc1984
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A well packed suitcase and loads of Data and Calls in roaming of course

HarryNo_2598518
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Use Google Flights Everywhere function for great flight deals 🙂

tommaca_1852915
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Research places to see before you go and save them to google maps. 

Justaddlime34
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best hack is my mother pays so it doesn't cost me a penny haha. The best hack for our family holidays are we have a personalised suitcase strap with our names on which also has a combi lock on it so adds as extra safety so we can see our suitcases coming. Nothing worse than waiting for ages checking all similar cases when you have a bunch of kids with you all bored and tired.

MarkFis_1967632
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Your a Smart(y) person - Shop around for sunscreen.
The same protection for less money.
You did it with your Smarty SIM, use the same idea for your SKIN

LucieSho_879199
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Ensure that you are on a network with free data roaming in the EU. So you can enjoy some sunshine and still check the train times for any delays (happened to me this summer)!

paulwool_591759
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

It has to be water and factor 50, especially if going abroad, and a multi currency payment card for ease of use.

SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Bring a good book!

ClaireS_2758160
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Download box sets onto your phone / tablet before you go 

Imsmart_1741226
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pack an extension lead along with your travel adapter plug so that you can plug in several items as needed 😊

RoryTay_2592928
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Download maps of the area on your phone before heading out

Michael_1537894
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Print off all digital tickets etc, no worries then if digital items don't work at airport

Susie
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best hack for. Pain free. summer is to have enough and the right data before I travel/go anywhere 

HannahW_1766002
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Taking a waterproof phone pouch to get under water pics/vids

clarussa
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Packing cubes! Keeps all your clothes, toiletries, shoes etc seperate and easy to pack and organise. Can easily fit a week’s worth of stuff in a backpack

LisaVan_2401145
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Check the size of your luggage complies with the size restrictions of your airline otherwise you may be charged extra.

Go somewhere where you can enjoy the things you love. Check that there is yoga, dolphins or whatever it is you will enjoy on your travels.

RachelMa_941261
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Put extra clothes as the filling for a travel pillowcase to use on the plane 

RachelMa_941261
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pack extra clothes as the filling to a travel pillowcase and take on the plane