Did you mean: 

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0157_Summer_Giveaway_Featured_Post_600x420px_Opt1@1x.png

WIN BIG THIS SUMMER

From a posh picnic to a grand getaway!

Would jetting off with a friend to Europe for a fabulous 4* city break complete your summer?

Well, it’s one of the BIG prizes up for grabs in our huge summer giveaway – win 3 nights in a 4* hotel for two with return flights, private airport transfers, travel insurance and £200 spending money. And when it comes to choosing the destination, you’re the boss. Take your pick of return flights from selected UK airports to either Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Lisbon, Paris, Prague, Rome or Stockholm. The prize is worth over £2,500!

That’s not all, there’s loads of these great prizes up for grabs too:

• Fortnum & Mason picnic hampers x 5
  • Luxury three-piece luggage sets from Rock x 5
  • GoPro HERO 12 cameras x 5
  • Beats SOLO 4 wireless headphones x 5
  • Tile Pro 4 pack (to keep track of your luggage) x 5
  • Tile Pro 2 pack x 10

HOW CAN I WIN BIG?

It’s so easy. Just answer this question to be entered into the prize draw for your chance to bag our grand getaway or one of our other super prizes:

• What is your best hack for summer getaway?

The Prize Draw opens 22/07/24 at 10:00 and closes on 01/09/24 at 11:59 (“Promotion Period”). 

To enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and have an active plan as at the end date of the Promotion Period.  Entrants must have registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period and be over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”).

Only one entry per entrant. Winners will be selected at random.

For full terms click here

Team SMARTY

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries. Keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had almost three thousand posts !

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

2,835 REPLIES 2,835

YanaHan_2500021
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Travel light. By travelling light, you can avoid high baggage fees and make your journey more comfortable. As for me, I take only the essentials. I plan to do my laundry on the road to reduce the amount of clothes I have to pack.😊

Catheri_2136855
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Don't sweat the small stuff! Got your passport, phone/credit card and any prescription meds? Anything else you can buy when you get there, so don't worry about packing.

YanaHan_2500021
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Travel light 😊 It can help you avoid hefty baggage fees and make your trip smoother. I only take the essentials and do laundry on the road to pack less.

SamAsquith
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Always download maps so you can use them offline! Its hard climbing a mountain in italy with minimal signal so download maps beforehand! 

MURRENC
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Download your Netflix movies before you leave for watching on the plane 

MURRENC
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Download movies before you leave on WiFi to keep you, or the kids occupied in the airport 

Rickatricky
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Spontaneous trip to cambrils,  costa dorada

William_1850938
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Get a pre-paid foreign currency debit card. 

ClaireB_1609132
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Packing cubes: Pack in catergories (daywear, eveningwear etc) and lift cubes into drawers on arrival to save time unpacking. Pack light and for less days than you’re staying for to encourage re-wearing clothes. Take old bits of toiletries and make-up to use them up - leaving space for new purchases on your returning flight! 🙌🏻

RodMacd_1567376
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Go without the kids

Joduncs
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Roll your clothes to prevent creases so you don’t have to iron when you get there! 

SaPa_19151522
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pack a few nights before so you have time to come back and review your luggage again before you leave and take stuff out you know you won't need and then you get to travel lighter and have less stress. Also tou have the chance to add in something incase you forgot anything.

Joduncs
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Roll your clothes in your suitcase so you don’t have to iron when you get there! 

Gabriel_1785134
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Don't make too much plans / booking before your holiday, keep some free time for unexpected activities.

CarolMc_2473332
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Take an extension lead if you have numerous things to charge. Some rooms only have 1 power point and even if they have more you only need one 2pin adapter 

Christo_1351066
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Drop your luggage off the night before if possible and then you can go straight through to security on the day 

Camelia_2556978
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

You don’t always have to go to luxury tourist locations! Some of my best summer trips have been to small towns getting the know the local people. 

ConnorWh_945138
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Putting aftersun in the fridge for after a day of tanning

maomimica
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Fly to smaller airports close by, for an excuse to explore the region around where you wanted to go

Realnumber1
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Research about the place before you go

Marcell_2525112
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Get a SIM card if traveling to outside Europe so that I don't have to rely on WiFi availability.

JaapMei_2172651
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Toothbrush and go!

Dronernator
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Get a Smarty SIM if you don't already have one.

William_W
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Whether planning in advance or last minute, check out multiple flight comparison websites for the best deal and even check the direct airline. For an itinerary, use AI to get recommendations based on your interests, it helped plan my last trip over multiple days! 

William_W
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

whether booking last minute or in advance, check out multiple flight comparison sites and even check flight options on direct websites. When planning your itinerary, consider using AI to get tailored recommendations based on your interest. I used it for my last trip and it gave great options for my days in Italy! 

Svokal5122
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Visiting island Vis

RobynAR
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

For 7 days on a sunny warm holiday, only pack 3-4 outfits and take some clothes wash, more space and less to unpack.

RobynAR
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

for a sunny 7 day holiday, pack 3-4 outfits, but make sure to pack clothes wash. Hand washing is pretty simple and will save you space. Also less to unpack. Win win. 

SeanBra_1886387
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best hack is using vacuum bags to squeeze more in my hand luggage, ordering toiletries to collect at boots in the airport and taking a sports bottle to fill up with water 

JoannaG_2030134
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Use an international debit card and pay in local currency, you get the best rates, and if you lose it’s easy to transfer the credit off it. 

Ekner
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

GetAwaySmartyDealDoesItAlltheWay

KevinCa_1543915
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Because we don’t really have any air conditioning in our homes and when it’s uncomfortable to sleep in the evening when it’s hot, I put my bed sheet in the freezer to help me cool down at night.

AndrewP_2566483
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Lower any expectations and be pleasantly surprised!

Bernina
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Well, I  made sure that I  have a mobile phone provider that includes EU roaming in their packages. I am not paying anything extra and can send all my holiday pictures from the beach in Italy just like if I  was at home. I don't have to miss out on my favourite twitch streams either cause I  can also use my fair share of data -just Luke home.

Christi_1569897
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Maximise liquids in hand luggage by using airports which do not limit liquid allowances and always check both airport rules.

Bflints
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Pack hot water bottles to FREEZE to keep you cool at night !

TaylaPe_2327695
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Pre book your transport to and from the airport

TaniaGodw_37015
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Buy a waterproof sac with lanyard to keep your mobile in. Protection at the beach and from theft.

TaniaGodw_37015
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Buy a waterproof sac with lanyard for your mobile. Protection at the beach and from theft.

Don-Fabio
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Book multi room/bed apartments rather than hotels. This works out cheaper for groups.