Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,151 REPLIES 2,151

Martysmarty
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I accidentally renewed my phone contract on Black Friday. It was a while ago when it was good so I got an absolutely fantastic deal!

VinceMac_918266
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

£20 for a coffee machine. 

KyleWha_1293645
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smarty is really good and affordable for people who use there phone but don’t wanna pay a lot of money!

Somasun_2435474
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

50gb for £8 with smarty. cheapest deal ever...

DavidHo_1646038
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?

Getting an as-new phone on ebay...

KyleWha_1293645
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smarty is great and affordable for people who go on there phones often but not willing to spend alot of money on Vodafone , EE etc... 
This is definitely my biggest bargain of  the year 100%

AlanArm_1656825
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargain of 2023 was a leg of lamb from Sainsbury for £7.50

Stephen_Clemens
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Grab a bargain tip 

Use the image search feature on Google and Bing. It will show you more websites selling the specific bargain you are looking for. These websites are often hidden away on the internet or very low on the text search pages and can often offer the absolute cheapest prices.

NeilFis_2029286
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Top tip for finding a bargain. Look once, look twice. Then, when you're sure it's not "too good to be true", fill your boots. 

Somasun_2435474
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

Follow ebay auction 😀

auser
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargain this year was a refurbished phone with a solid battery for half the price of a new one.

JoanneK_1734493
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Smarty mobile is my best bargain without a doubt £7 per month on the upgraded deal of 30gb data per month is amazing!

isa-xx5
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargain was finding out about Smarty. It is the best mobile services I've found.

And I managed to get an amazing smarty deal last year, for £12 a month 120 GB mobile data, unlimited calls and texts

Rachael_1825845
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Smarty has saved me so much money I’m so pleased I have joined and has been a bargain I even got to I’m my data at no extra cost bargain!

going to join

more rewarding than a bargain but I foster cats for the rspca I het company and a feeling of a good deed and only costs in cat food then they find a new forever home

i also counter for a food charity olio where I help the planet by saving food going to waste help others and can keep 10% for myself 

would love to win gift card I am getting married this year and didn’t realise how expensive weddings are plus trying to buy a house which is deffintlt not a bargain 

CQ
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargain of the year has been to join Smarty. I was with 3 before and the were not so good in many ways. Smarty is a fuss free provider and fees won’t rise inexorably like some others

HilaryS_1178000
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain of 2023 was having my current deal rolled over without me having to do anything. No fuss no hassle no price increase. Very happy to be a Smarty! 😁

Caitlin_2422560
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Free EU roaming including in my phone contract!

JoanneK_1734493
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My number one tip for getting a bargain is shop around - MSE bagged us this great deal with smarty!

WendyMar_947933
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My Smarty contract is my favourite bargain,  flexible, reliable customer service, and great  signal. It’s Smarty all the way for me 

JamesGi_1929152
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

DavidMoore
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

£100 Amazon prize draw is a real bargain. 

Alex_dunkey
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain of 2023 was being able to switch my plan with the Black Friday deals! I’ve been a customer since May 2022 and I couldn’t believe the offer was open to existing customers!!! Such a strange and pleasant surprise nowadays with a lot of companies offering to new customers only.

I was able to switch my plan as easy as clicking a button, same price, more data, no faff! 

EllaSwin_457378
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I shop at my local co op and I decided to get a member card which cost me £1.  It was a bargain because now I benefit from member prices, offers, and points every time I shop, and not only that but I could get discounts on other services they offer such as funeral services etc. Also the co op donate to the local community causes and I can put my vote to which cause I'd like them to support, so it benefits everyone.

GordonR_2020235
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain of 2023 was ditching my Tesco sim and going with Smarty. Great price and not overpaying for stuff I never used. Happy days!

DavidNe_2059625
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain for me for 2023 was booking a cruise in July for 2025 and 2 months later we were informed the price reduced by £900 😀

Kathryn_1393282
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain I ever found was and is my husband. He had had one previous owner who had carelessly discarded him. I managed to pick him up for the cost of a piece of chicken during a picnic on a train. My investment has paid out constantly ever since. 
This year’s best bargain (and I am taking that to mean the last 12 months) is more difficult to identify but I will plump for our trip to Norway, Sweden and Denmark. We were told that Norway in particular is an expensive place to visit.  We toured in our motorhome, stayed in some amazing locations, we ate well and did not break the bank because we prepared well. 
Here is my best tip- Do your research before you spend and do not be afraid to try second hand or refurbished alternatives. 
It is easy to research using technology. Checking how to pay road tolls for example meant we joined a scheme which saved money. We downloaded apps for parking space payments, that saved money.  Comparing prices and looking for discounts saved us money on white goods and food. We bought second hand furniture to furnish our home over 30 years ago and while some of it has been replaced over time some of it is still in daily use. 

Massi_123
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Best bargain for me was getting my new SMARTY SIM. Tip is to shop around on comparison sites and be decisive. Huge thanks to SMARTY

Richard_2375662
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain for 2023 was ditching my old provider and getting a smarty sim card!!!

Literally best decision ever!!!

RuthDav_1592351
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Recommend a friend offers👍🏼

Lindsey_2431076
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My smarty unlimited deal!

LeighSm_1603405
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain for me in 2023 was switching to a  smarty sim and getting way more data for my money!!!

PeterCo_1618006
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

The great prices, reliability and ease of moving tariffs when needed. No complaints at all.

IanBroc_2368183
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain definitely my Smarty sim...family have all migrated as well...they think I'm a Smartypants 🤣

Insomniac
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain would easily have to be my SMARTY SIM alongside my new iPhone which is a £8 for 50GB data deal. I don’t use it near to its limit but it’s plenty peace of mind should my broadband become unavailable or my friends / family need to leech.

Christo_2003511
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I found a shirt in my size in the Next Day on the floor under the display. It was screwed up and covered in fluff. It cost me 50p and it was one of my favourite wears. 
I do love searching for the best price on Amazon. I purchased a Samsung sound bar recently which was a returned item. The box was re sealed and the goods inside were still in the manufacturer’s wrapping. I saved £70 on that.

I always shop around for the best price but take take you check the retailer is legit.

PhilipH_1636202
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bargain was the whopping Black Friday upgrade from my 12gb data allowance to 32gb from Smarty. Freakin' awesome! Thanks guys, it's nice to be rewarded for our loyalty! So rare these days!

Sap123
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I got a link to mistplay and won a 25 pound amazon gift card for playing games bargin for doing  something you like 👍 

Stephani_676542
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have recommended a friend and they are loving it, we both got discount. Best way to get discounts is word of month and recommendation. Best bargain I found was the Black Friday deals you did. Thank you 

MariaVi_2082306
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

£8 per month? Bargain innit?

Donny
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain was the winter deal paying £7 for 15gb data, an essentially free upgrade from my previous deal of £7 for 8gb!