Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,125 REPLIES 2,125

jAI-mee
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Unlimited data for £16

Anthony_2386676
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My current plan with smarty, 40gb of data for £10! What! Absolute bargain and the data has been working flawlessly, already recommended it to friends.

AlanStor_486084
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain ever has to be signing up to Smarty

DespoKa_2435062
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

1) the best bargain I ever bagged was last year when my partner referred me to SMARTY. I pay £8 for 32GB of data which is excellent value for money! I also get 5G in certain areas which is fantastic. I used to pay £12 for 20GB! So not only am I paying less I am getting more for my money! I also love the fact with SMARTY I can easily access how much data I am using every day.

2) the best deal I've bagged this year is getting Harry Porter Legacy on the Nintendo switch for only £31!

3) research - plenty of it! To invest time in comparing places too. 

Jo_1882048
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? - A white pair of Firetrap shoes at £1 from TK Maxx
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? - New Selected femme wool coat at £35 from Ebay, on sale at £220 on Selected femme website
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? = research and patience

SL_194639
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

60GB a month plus unlimited calls and texts for only £10 is still one of the best bargains out there!

SJ_1910806
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

sometimes all you need to do is wait. Cause I manage to get a shoe I really like for 50% off in January when originally it was only 20% off only. 

Hydraman
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • Bought an old welsh Chapel for £1000
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • Bought the new Ninja Speedi Rapid Cooker and got Black Friday Deal plus extra discount for being a Pensioner.
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?
  • Sign onto a cashback site and check if the purchase is available there. Check the exact product by looking at other purchasers comments and advice. Always think "if the bargain looks too good to be true there may be a scam". Never pay until you are convinced that really "need it" not just "want it".

rahmamu_2401409
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I have ever bagged was the 16GB for £8 only! I was so shocked considering not a lot of brands do that cheap for 16GB.

The best bargain I've bagged this year was the 50% off at Pandora.  I got to get the bracelet I wanted for the price it deserved.

My number tip for getting a bargain is downloading the brands you want.

ChloeEva_283285
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Joined a few years ago and get a good deal for everything I need for just £9 a month and money off next payment when I don’t use it all. 

SamuelB_1598639
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Got a pair of £70 Nike trainers for £20 because there was a mark on one.

JohnWil_1890248
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Buying a crumble coat.

Paigeleigh123
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain I ever found was for a digital camera , it was 65% off

2. Best bargain this year was for my first car

3. Be patient, don't rush. Research !! 

WilliamS_982553
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Years ago when flights were advertised on Teletext, I bagged a return flight from London Gatwick to Orlando for £29 which included meals and drinks on board.

AlinaAn_2319623
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? - Do your research, don't buy on impulse! 

DanielT_1626802
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Apart from my amazing deal I have with Smarty (it’s hard to beat), the best bargain I’ve bagged in 2023 was my new iPhone, which I got via a link on the Smarty App. An iPhone 14 from reboxed. I picked up the pro model for less than £700, which is around £300 cheaper than getting it from Apple. 
The phone is as good as new, I can’t tell any difference, apart from it’s not in a sealed Apple box. 
I’ll definitely be using Reboxed again next time.

TommySl_1201763
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Toms number one top tip about getting a bargain is being kind and friendly to the person you're trying to get a bargain off! They're people too and being kind and easy to get along with goes along way! 🙂

AlinaAn_2319623
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain- the move from EE to Smarty and £50 saved per month whoop, whoop

Plissken82
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? - Smarty 150GB data deal for £12! Woooooohoooooo 🤘🏻

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain - always compare prices, Amazon, Google, anywhere check it all out before you buy 👍🏻 spend wisely and enjoy your money! You work hard for it 👌🏻

SinisaT_2098202
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

1. The best bargain was my trip to Colombia.. 

2. The best one was buying a car.

3. Look around for best deals.

67-2
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I once bought a freddo for 10p.

Abdulla_1310834
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I’m currently on the 4gb plan, I personally believe it is an amazing plan for someone who does not use much data due the bargain of a price 

JoeFento_339973
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Google pixel 7a for under £380 from Amazon this year. Absolute bargain.

D1vr0n
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

A pair of Mountain equipment winter gloves down from £100 down to £0.99. My wife has small hands and there was only one pair left in XS so I grabbed a bargain and they are still be used when we are out in the hills now, over 15 years later!

SimonSp_1506679
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain was finding a nice, new (but a couple of years sitting on the shop floor) carbon fibre bike that I snapped up for less than 50% of the original price!

IanSter_2034031
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain, without a doubt, was the Black Friday deal SMARTY offered my wife and I.   We have a great deal anyway at £8 a month each, made all the sweeter by going on a River Danube River Cruise and not having to worry about nasty roaming charges or exceeding data allowances as everywhere we went was on SMARTY's plan.   The offer, which came out of the blue and was a no-brainer, was to to quadruple our data allowance - all we had to do was make a few mouse clicks.   On our way to the USA and Jamaica next week so put a £10 add on on to the plan in case I need to make any calls.

Christi_2090180
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you've ever found?

- i found a beautiful sideboard in a shop with a surprising low price. Bought it right away. Turns out it was labeled incorrectly but I still got it for the price!

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?

- I switched from a quite expensive phone plan to smarty and did not only get an Amazon voucher because I got invited by a friend I also got quite a good deal with 100g / month

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

- second hand shops! 

Abdulla_1310834
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I am currently on the 4gb plan, I recommend this plan to anyone that does not need a lot of data this is because it is a good amount of data at a bargain of a price 

KoreyHa_1334025
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Best network hands down, got all my friends and family to sign up!

OliverA_1227980
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Some bargains i can recall is my data plan unlike my old giffgaff plan i am able to go the month with lots of data leftover for this year it has served me proudly i had also found a budget gaming keyboard earlier this year for a budget price. the best bargain i have found was my ps4 slim it was an absolute steal for only £130 it has undoubtedly proved to be a good value purchase for me and my family. my best tip to find bargains is look as much as you can on different websites, apps and in person the more you compare prices and value another good thing is to keep checking often for new listings or new companies. 

- Thank You

EdwardL_1377039
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Good research is best for a good bargain 

AilsaFog_507413
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Same mega offer. No extra cost
£10 for 60gb - priceless! 

JohnWalkden
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain ever was picking up a relatively rare used car when they were cheaper a couple of years ago, it’s now worth around a few thousand more.

Best bargain this year - I bought a Roberts radio very cheaply that was described as not working. I found it was just the power supply that had failed.

Best tip is if you are looking for something that is made in another country then google the name in that native language where it originated from, it’s surprising to find some items very cheap from Europe still, despite having to pay the postage and tax now.

Klinston_233756
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

60gb for 10£ . I believe it the best price ❤️

EmmaDou_1591827
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I once picked up a whole room full of Ikea furniture that someone was giving away on Freecycle - I just had to hire a van for a couple of hours to collect it all.

DmytroL_2250905
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

16£ per month and unlimited data, SMS, mobile 

DaisyWi_2045596
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best time for getting a bargain is research! Looking at all the different options usually find something better than the first find

JA
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I've ever found is 100% Smarty. I wanted to cut some costs down so I could put more in my savings, and my previous phone plan was definitely costing me too much. I stumbled upon Smarty, and before it was 30GB for £10 - until they had a promotion of 60GB for £10. I thought it was only going to be a short promotion, but they're letting it continue until next year! Thanks so much Smarty 👋

JamesHa_2153318
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My current bargain of a phone deal! Adding an extra 7gb of date for £0! Thank you very much!

KeithDe_1389094
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you've ever found?

My Mobile phone provider was ID charging me £26 per month for 1 GB of data.  I changed to SMARTY and now get 16GB Data/Unlimited MINS/Unlimited TEXT for £7.20 per month. What a bargain.