cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend, not working

StevenHo_786830
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I recommended a friend a few months ago and he duly signed up for a smarty account and received a free gift card. I have never received my gift card.

I have tried contacting support and provided my friends email address but they couldn't help and explained (poorly) that there is "no link with that address".

Is the Smarty Refer a friend scheme genuine?

8 REPLIES 8

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @StevenHo_786830

Sorry you have had this issue. Normally the only way the refer a friend scheme would fail would be if it hasn't tracked, as your friend has received their gift card, you should have too! Can you go back onto our webchat and get them to double check this? If they can't find it can you please ask them to tag me in the chat (George) so I can help them look for this.

I refered a friend and they got the sim and activated it away last month and I still haven't received my voucher for amazon and nether have they 

@Rebecca_1840551  I think it can take up to 30 days for the voucher to turn up.

Michael_2344596
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I had the same problem said there was no link. I done everything they told me to do but did not work. won't be referring any more friends 

@Michael_2344596 Then you need to raise this as a complaint.

leighb3ta
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My dad referred my mum last December. My mum then referred me a month ago. We all have different addresses. None of us have recieved our promised gift cards. I'm still happy with Smarty as their sim works better than BT ever did, but I am slightly disappointed that we didn't get our gift cards as promised 😞

leighb3ta
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My father referred my mother back in December last year. My mother then referred me last month. We all have different addresses. None of us has received the gift card advertised. I'm still happy as my Smarty service is so much better than the rubbish I put up with from BT, but I am disappointed that none of us got the gift cards as promised 😞 Seems like a bit of a scam to entice you in.

@leighb3ta  Firstly, did you follow the link sent by the person who made the referral?

If you did not receive what you expected, why have you not contacted Smarty Support via web chat to ask them to investigate?

Please do not accuse people of scams (a criminal offence) until you are sure that it was done deliberately to get money out of you.