cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No signal after activation

MarcoCa_1827843
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi my new sim card has just been activated but there is no signal. Can somebody pls help?

7 REPLIES 7

Spark_1831125
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Have exactly the same issue, so hope someone comes along with a solution.

I have the same issue too, I ordered an extra SIM for the family group but it refuses to activate.  I tried activating via Smarty website and app, both logged in and as a 'spare SIM' but still doesn't activate. 

I have also restarted the phone a couple of times

SeanSmith
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Were any of you able to establish what the issue was? We've activated two SIM's  on two different phones.. Activation email has arrived for both. Neither have any signal...

Do the sims show as activated on your dashboard? Have you tried the old 'turn off, turn on' trick on your phone to try to force the sim to register to the network?

I have the same problem with new sim card as I have activated it but the agent told me your sim haven't activated please go to dashboard to activate it which I already did. The sim card manager say no network, unknown phone number, no signal. They told me try on PC computer rather than app to activate which I did but it keep saying this sim card already activate but there is no plan on it. Smarty have ruined it all. Mess it up.  I give up and asked for full refunded for new sim card failed to activate for 72 hours. Never have this issues before. Please tell smarty manager to sort it out urgently as it not just me as everyone's have the same issues.

I was lucky enough to have my x2 SMARTY SIM cards activated without any issues, even though I live in an area with marginal coverage.

If your online dashboard says your SIM is activated, but web chat team say it isn't, then your SMARTY online dashboard and their backend SIM provisioning system(s) could be out-of-sync, and not working together properly. 

Hi @PhilipS_1801472 .

Sorry this has been a problem. Unfortunately, we cannot tell Smarty managers anything as we are Forum Members just like you. I would advise you to web chat with Smarty Support as they can look at the account and see if anything is wrong.