cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have activated replacement sim however I cannot call nor have any data.

LesleyF_1595372
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

2 REPLIES 2

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

The first port of call is to check your Smarty dashboard online, to check that your SIM has actually been activated. 

If your SIM has actually been activated , then you would need to contact Smarty via webchat : 

https://smarty.co.uk/contact?gclsrc=aw.ds&gad=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD8otYvG6o_kwrijaweE_NmX9wMVx&gclid=EAIa... 

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@LesleyF_1595372,

You say you've activated the replacement SIM, has your SMS/email confirmation come through?

If so great, but are you wanting to use the original number on the SIM, or porting a number from another providers SIM, or another Smarty SIM?

SIM activation can take up to 2 hours to complete, but may be quicker (see excerpt from Smartys help article):

How to activate your SMARTY SIM

Simply download our app, log in and hit My SIM arrived or log in to your online account and tap Activate my SIM to begin your billing month and start using your plan.

Activation should happen in just a few minutes but could take up to 2 hours.

We’ll send you an email when your SIM is activated.

END OF EXTRACT

Most people will read the above and ASSUME that the 2 hours includes porting of a number.  This is where the problem lies.

If the complete document is read, number porting can take at least one day, and if done on a Friday, the porting process does not complete until Monday at the earliest!

Just a reminder, this is the Smarty Users/Customers forum. It is populated by Smarty Users/Customers just like you and me (with an occasional Moderator).

We can make suggestions, but DO NOT have access to anybodies accounts, except our own!

If suggestions are not good enough, especially a post with no body text, just a "title"/subject line, might I suggest contacting Smarty directly via Webchat.